Beef is a portion of food that love by many people and can process in many delicious dishes. But how to preserve beef in the refrigerator to always be fresh and not black. Then you often refer to this article to preserve beef always fresh and not afraid of spoiling. So here are instructions on how to store beef in the refrigerator.
1. Notes on preserving beef
For the most part, uncooked beef can freeze for several months without loss of quality. You can keep the cuts of meat like a barbecue, freezing them for a period of 4 to 12 months; for steak, it’s 6 to 12 months. With ground beef, you should freeze them for no more than 3 to 4 months.
For cooked beef, you can also safely freeze leftovers. But the FDA recommends that you only keep them frozen for about 2 to 3 months. The freezing time may be longer, but the quality of the meat may change.
More Read : How to use Whatsapp
2. Adjust the temperature of the refrigerator accordingly
To keep beef in the refrigerator always fresh, you need to pay attention to adjust the refrigerator’s temperature to suit each type of food. The temperature should not be too cold or not cold enough, as this will cause the beef to freeze or decompose due to bacteria.
You need to adjust the appropriate temperature in the refrigerator compartment to about 2 degrees Celsius, while the freezer compartment needs adjusting at -25 degrees Celsius is the most suitable.
If you store too much beef in the freezer compartment, you need to reduce the temperature to a lower level, which will help the cooling maintained continuously and quickly.
Using a quality refrigerator will improve the preservation of food, thereby ensuring your health. In the current covid 19 situations, it becomes very inconvenient to go to the street to buy a refrigerator by yourself. Buying online and through the website is the optimal choice for this time. Moreover, you can have many economical shopping solutions for these products, such as discount codes, coupons from reputable websites, and very quality. You will surprised at the discount you receive, especially on major holidays and occasions of the year such as Black Friday, Christmas Sale,
3. How to store beef in the refrigerator
- To prevent the possibility of cross-contamination taking place in the grocery cart or the refrigerator, always place raw beef in a plastic bag to keep water from leaking or dripping onto other foods.
- Place raw beef in the freezer on ice if it’s been longer than 1 hour. It is essential during warm weather.
- Raw beef should serve in a bowl or on a plate at the bottom of the refrigerator. The refrigerator must set to 40°F (about 4.5°C) or less.
- Store whole fresh beef for three to five days in the refrigerator.
- Ground beef and various meats such as liver, kidney, and tongue can kept fresh for one to two days in the refrigerator.
- Use or freeze products with a sell-by date of three to five days from the date of purchase.
- Always wash cooking utensils that come in contact with raw beef with hot soapy water, then rinse with one tablespoon of regular bleach in 1 quart of warm water.
· Meat should not be washed before cooking as this can cause cross-contamination and spread when bacteria in raw meat are transferred to other foods and utensils.
4. How long to keep beef in the fridge?
Each type of food will have a different shelf life. If you leave it for longer, the food will be spoiled and no longer fresh, losing all nutrients. When processing and eating, you will no longer see the fresh taste of that food.
Fresh foods that are not contaminated and are washed before storing in the refrigerator will keep for about 4 to 7 days on average. But if the temperature is adjusted correctly and the temperature is maintained at a constant level, the food stored in the freezer can be kept for several months. After that, however, food storage will not be the same, depending on the type of food.
They can stored for about one month for pre-processed or processed foods when stored in the freezer.
When placing fresh foods stored in the refrigerator, you need to pay attention to the arrangement to keep them evenly spaced. The cold air always maintained in the refrigerator evenly. You should not store too much food. It will cause the refrigerator to overloaded, affect the refrigerator’s cooling, and cause the food to be damaged or blackened.
5. Note when defrosting beef
- Always defrost meat in the refrigerator in the microwave or cold water.
- It is best to let meat defrost slowly and safely in the refrigerator. Small pieces of meat can defrosted within one to two days. Significant cuts of meat will take longer, about a day for every 5 pounds of weight. You should use defrosted beef within four days.
- When defrosting meat in the microwave, you must cook it immediately after defrosting because some areas of the meat can become hot when placed in the microwave.
- For quick defrosting, place food in a leak-proof plastic bag and submerge it in cold water. Change the water every 30 minutes until the water is cold. After defrosting, cook immediately.
- ·Beef can cooked while it is still frozen, but cooking that way will take longer.